Volantech race car steering wheel switch panels are geared towards a focused race driver seeking all the necessary racing vehicle controls to be within easy, convenient reach. Our one-of-a-kind specialist service means you can equip your car with the essential controls on your steering wheel just like the cars you see at the highest level of motorsport. These steering wheel control kits are normally intended to operate all sorts of features from indicators, wipers & headlights to the more advanced features such as anti-lag, launch control, dashboard scrolling etc. As well as these, our 0-5v rotary potentiometers can also allow for switching the most advanced race car systems such as map switching, boost control or traction control.
Our wired race car kits are unique in that they include a fully hand-made curly cord that is carefully built to mil-spec practices using harsh environment motorsport use materials such as Tefzel wire and Raychem DR-25 sheathing. The panels that house the switches themselves are made from either CNC cut carbon fibre or laser cut/engraved acrylic plastic and are designed in house in order to ensure a fantastic final finish that is fully bespoke to your requests each and every time.
What's included in the base price:
- 10 Button Steering Wheel Panel in carbon fibre or acrylic plastic (including engravings)
- Standard quality latching or momentary switches based on your requirements
- Custom hand built motorsport curly cord
- Wiring and assembly
- Rotary switches:
- Replace 1 or 2 switches with our high End Grayhill Rotary 0-5v switches (2 to 12 detents) with two possible knob choices - small black knob or larger red one.
- Standard quality IP67 momentary or latching switches
- High End OTTO P9 momentary or P9M latching switches
- Rear Switch Protection/Covering:
- 3d Printed Individual Switch Covers
- Full Custom Designed and Professionally 3d MJF Printed Rear Enclosure
- Laser etched engravings are included (acrylic only)
- Color coded stickers (usually for carbon fiber)
- Club Spec - Deutsch DTM Connector (up to 12 pins) or Molex Automotive Connector (up to 20 pins)
- High End - Deutsch Autosport Connector sealed with Raychem boots (both ends supplied)
How To Order:
- Complete our product configurator
- Add to basket and make payment
- Fill in our custom order form
- We'll contact you if we need to but if not, hold tight, we'll be building your gear as soon as we can!
Since aftermarket steering wheels come in many different shapes and sizes, there is no possible "universal" switch panel that will fit all steering wheels properly and as intended, some will not even fit at all. This is often the main challenge you face when purchasing a pre-made kit so in order to get around this, our switch panel are professionally designed in house by our experienced team to precisely fit the steering wheel have or intend to use. The best part about it for you is that we take care of the fitment so you don't have to and we can guarantee a perfect fit each and every time!
If you have any other special requirements not listed above, please get in contact via the "Contact Us" page, we will be happy to help you come up with the exact build you desire.
Please Note: These kits should be used to switch only low current operations (2A Max). They can be wired in by using traditional relays or preferably by interacting with an aftermarket PDM/ECU set up. We do not currently provide support in fitting/wiring/setting up to your vehicle. Consult your wiring/motorsport electronics specialist if you are in doubt.
Please allow at least 4-6 weeks build time (especially for the most complex custom builds)